|REGIONAL FUNCTIONS |
A map of the region ----- click for a bigger map
The maps of the museums in our region:
In Finnish.pdfIn Swedish.pdf
There are approximately 100 local museums in the region
The Cultural Environment Unit
The cultural environment unit is an expert on cultural environment within its region. The unit’s tasks are to give advice, research, preserve, popularize research data, and to consult the local museums.
The tasks are administered by:
Anne Majaneva-Virkola: acting building inspector; building inspections, inventories, research, preservation, and statements.
Kaj Höglund: provincial museum researcher; conservation of the cultural environment, plan related issues, consulting of the local museums, research, and statements.
Pentti Risla: provincial archeologist; archeological research and field work, preservation and controlling of relics (an agreement of co-operation with the National Board of Antiquities), consulting, statements, and the archeological
The cultural environment unit answers inquiries regarding:
- the renovation of museum buildings
- the storage and cataloguing of museum items
- investment and recording tasks
- exhibition planning and funding
- region’s history and research of the local culture
- hiring of museum personnel
Regional Art Museum Functions (i.e. Regional Art Museum)
The regional art museum researcher Jaakko Linkamo administers the provincial art museum functions.
The tasks are to:
- collect information about the region’s art and artists
- prepare exhibitions on request about the region’s art phenomena that can be borrowed
- give advice and expertise assistance in regards to art
- take part in the museum’s art exhibition functions by doing research and publications
- take part in the museum functions arranged in the provincials by, for example, holding lectures.
- keep contact with the local artists
The regional art museum researcher answers inquiries regarding:
- the region’s artists and art life
- maintaining, cataloguing, technique, and authorship
- exhibition organizing within its region
Small thematic exhibitions from the collections of the museum are available for public localities with staff present during opening hours. The price for an exhibition is € 100 including full service and assurance from the museum. If the loaner can manage the exhibition routines the loan is free of charge.
These service forms are limited to Finland only.
Please call the museum if you are interested.